Wednesday, March 4, 2009

There is no place like HOME


I realize it has been quite a while since I have updated. Well I guess I should get right to the point. I will be moving home this coming fall. I have decided that in the interest of saving money, it would be wise for me to finish my prerequisites at a community college before transferring into a nursing school. This decision is one that is daunting, scary, exciting, welcoming and saddening. I have had an amazing journey up here in Seattle. I love the mission of this school, how everyone is so people and service minded. I have met so many amazing friends that I am disheartened to leave here. I am excited to know though that the majority of these people live in and around Portland, and that Seattle is only three hours away. I will miss being around Seattle, this city is big and exciting and there is something to be said about being independent in a big city, but I guess I'm just hopping from one big city to the next. I am excited for a new adventure, living on my own (hopefully), and meeting new friends. Oh and being close to my family. I have always thought of myself as such an independent spirit and while I think that this is still in part true, I really like my family, there pretty cool. I love getting to spend time with them and loving on them. As far as cities go I have loved Seattle, but I love Portland so much more! My friend Chelsea from California was just commenting the other day, "It's so weird to hear people talk about Oregon that are from Oregon, they really love their state, they're so passionate about it, sort of in a weird obsessive way, I wish I was that excited about my state." Its so true I love Oregon!

So now I find myself waiting in anticipation for this new chapter, I just have to remember that this chapter is not yet over, and I am excited for that! I am excited to continue exploring and putting my heart into Seattle.

1 comment:

The Toms said...

yah! i'm super stoked to have you back home. and even more stoked to have a babysitter closer:)