Sunday, May 10, 2009

So I switched it against better advice


I decided that I am extremely impatient (in some things) and probably completely naive and stubborn. I have really wanted to switch my nose piercing to a small hoop. I was going to get it done initially but I chickened out and have been regreting it ever since. So I resolved to do it myself. I went into a shop in University Avenue at UW to buy the smallest hoop they had. The guy asked how long I had it, I thought for a moment as I reached my finger up to touch the diamond stud, "Uh about 6 days?" As I said that he gave me a disgusted look and handed me a sanitizing wipe, "stop touching that and here, clean your hands." Awesome, he then advised me to wait at least 6 weeks at the very minimum. Yah ok I said, yah right I was thinking. For the next couple weeks I tried repeatedly to try and remove the stud, impossible, it was still sensitive and the stupid thing wouldnt come out. Everytime I tried all my friends would leave the room, "you idiot," they would say, they were right. Until one day i was determined. I went and got my friend Brie, she has her's pierced and knows a lot about them. She stuck with me and manuvered the ring out, it only took about 15 minutes to get it out, no big deal. then I had to get my hoop in, well the good news is that after about 10 minutes I got it in, the bad news was that I couldn't get my ball in the hole so I had to go back to the piercing place and have them put it in for me. The guy was furious and showed no mercy on my nose, which I guess I deserved. However now the moral of the story is, well there really isnt a moral, but I have a hoop and I love it, and its swollen and red, but I love it!

1 comment:

Misty and Matt said...

All I can say is ouch! Noses have many nerve endings- ouch. You're brave! Hope to see you around P-town soon:)