Friday, July 25, 2008

Im going to say its been over seven years




In my guestimations I would have to say that it has been seven years since I have been to the Oregon Zoo. (I gather this guess from the last time that I remember the zoo, I must have been about ten or eleven and I was holding my adorable cousin Shane, we were walking past the monkey exibit when I think he caught a bit of jungle fever and decided to take a bite out of me. He bit through my sweatshirt and actually broke skin. Oh sweet memories, only at the zoo!) Lets just say I have totally been missing out on what this place has to offer! It was fantastic! I went with my older sister Tiffany and my nephew Curtis. While Curtis was busy checking out all the girl zoo workers, I was watching the tigers, bears and zebras. It was amazing, I felt like a child again, with wonder and glee in my eyes. These creatures are amazing! I could have just sat and contemplated what God was thinking with each individual stripe of the zebras' hairs. I am so thankful for a wonderful older sister that includes me in such festivities.Tiffany having to force Curt to watch the penguins, he was more interested in the fine lookin ladies It was a bit past Curts nap and he was starting to get a little cranky




On the car ride home however Curtis started to crash, which was bad news. By the time we got home his cat nap in the car turned out to be the only nap he wanted to take, so instead of his regular three hour nap, he decided that wide awake and cranky was the way to go. So Kiki and I watched Curt while Tiffany got to catch up on a little shut eye for herself. By watching Curtis I mean that Kiki and I were laying on the ground doing crunches watching "You are what you eat" on BBC while Curtis was smearing goldfish into the carpet. After Tiffs nap the two of us and Curt decided to head over to the Nike Factory Store and hit up some deals. These are some pics of Curtis totally approving of Dad's new job, (My brother in law Tony now works for Nike, a sweet job that he loves! The family does too, as long as the discounts keep rolling in...kidding, but no seriously.) Today was full and wonderful. I love the bonding time I get with my family and finally growing up and getting to that age where I can finally "hang" with my sisters and be there friend and not just the little sister! Some of my friends have been asking where have I been, what have I been doing and I get to say that I have been hangingout with my best friends, my sisters. I love spending time with them and getting to know them better as family but as people as well. I am very blessed.

2 comments:

The Toms said...

aawwww...i loved hanging out with you too! and it helps that your little boo adores you=) we'll have to do the zoo again before you leave, it was fun hanging out together. love you.

Lauree "LO" Austin said...

Annie, I can't wait to hang out with you when I'm home. And I get you all to myself for the first couple days yeah!! Get ready for a big hug when I get off that plane - you are a wonderful sister and friend. Cant wait to see you!